Wednesday, 22 June 2011

It's time for Inky impressions...

Well... hello again lol..

Now regulars to my blog will know that I love making nice, fresh and funky cards... well today's card is gonna be a shocker lol..

Over at INKY IMPRESSIONS this week Karita has set the challenge ' AMAZING LACE'

Now  I don't use lace... so I thought...lace = vintage= my card..

Now I made the card first and thought about adding some distress paint to add extra dimension and shabbyness!!

As this was my first attempt I took a picture of my card pre paint just in case I made a right pigs ear of it lol....

Now I used my fave Inky stamp Lili with flower!!


Then I added the paint!!!


I have to say thanks Karita... I really love it and I can see some more shabby cards coming on lol!!

Now the papers are basic grey Luscious
Card stock is stampin up
Lace is from wild orchid crafts as are the flowers and the amazing bronze butterfly!!
The seam binding is from sew sweet
The paint is of course distress cracking!!


Now I followed the sketch over at Cupcake crafts

Wild orchid crafts also wanted shabby chic friendship

And ladybug crafts want to see red...

I can't wait to see your amazing lace!!

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh love how you "shabbied" your card.. is that a word?? so pretty
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER girl!! Your card is amazing Carrie!! So many stunning details and what an amazing layout!! I love this!! ;)

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, you've done a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, I love the image and your colours are fab, thanks for joining us this time at Wild Orchid Craft's big hugs Pops

Vicky said...

Wow sweetie...this is stunning hun..!

hugs Vicky xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Carrie this is absolutely fantastic what glorious colours/papers, I so love that image and the flowers this is an excellent card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mary J said...

OH wow, that paper looks like lace on it anyway! Just so gorgeous Carrie! I love the shading you've done on her hat and trousers - gotta try that!!

Hope you are having a lovely week honey!

Jennifer said...

So beautiful Carrie! You did a great job. The paint looks great xx Jenny xx

Emma said...

A beautiful card Carrie, gorgeous colours and details.
Hugs Emma x

Faye said...

LOVING tha paint, the card was brilliant in the first, but the paint has just added so much shabbyness. Delish. xxx
Oh and thanks for playing at Cupcake. xxx

Brodders said...

Great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at cupcakes this week . Good luck x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Wow! So many beautiful elements - love the paint! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Wow! So many beautiful elements - love the paint! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

Kerry said...

This is fabulicious Carrie!! Your cards just keep getting better and better...your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

theCook said...

Love the flower treatment and the beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing in the Ladybug Crafts Ink red challenge!

Jani said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!