Friday 12 March 2010

My 2nd of the day!!

I have had a lovely day today, one of my special friends came over ( Gill from Fair trade designs!!), with a fabulous get well gift!!
I do love any gift but this was more special as she had made it all herself.

In she came with a basket of chocolate cupcakes, all wrapped and with a gorgeous handmade tag!!
Marvelous and can't wait to tuck in after tea...Enchiladas tonight yum!!

So on to my next card...


Sometimes you see an image and you 'just have to have it!'....well this is that one for me....I don't know what it is but I LOVE her!!!



I have coloured the image with copics, the papers I have used are basic grey (lemonade), the card stock is stampin up! everything else is from Melbics!!( i will tell you more about that later!!)



So I am entering a few challenges with this one....

paper cutz  - Anything goes
a spoonfull of sugar - Recycle (I have used recycled kraft card)
the crafty pad - Use a charm


Now then I mentioned Melbics earlier. This is our local garden centre but it has a HUGE craft section. Now as I have been sssoooo good this week and done as I was told, Sam has said she will take me there for breakfast on Saturday so I am very excited (God it's amazing what excites you when you have only seen 4 walls for the last 2 weeks lol!!). The only down side is that I will be pushed around in a wheelchair as I am still not able to walk tooo far!! But I guess it's worth it lol!!

Thanks for looking as speak soon xx

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Carrie - pleased to hear you have had a wonderful day - your friend sounds lovely. :) :)
Love your card - sweet image you have used. :)
So pleased you have found us and hope to see you at our weekly challenges. :)
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad challenge and good luck in the draw. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Too cute!!Love the colors and your
image!!Have a great day! Thanks for playing with Midnight Madness this week!

Priscilla said...

Hi Carrie, I am just thrilled that you joined in the fun this week..Love all your colors on these cards.. very cute and that rose is really pretty :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Sneak Peek is up now :) Oh, and we love all our players project so much, we have a surprise for everyone next week, so stay tuned for that.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Lisa Jane said...

LOvely card - great colours and the image is cooured beautifully
Lisa ;)

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Carrie - glad you managed to get out and about - how cool having a Craft section in your gardening store!! Love this image and your gorgeous DP's! Fabulous flower too Carrie! We appreciate you supporting us this week - we love to see your card and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Unknown said...

why dont i ever get handmade gifts from Gill!!!

Did you save me a cake?

I love Raven too, i think she is my fav from release. Lovin the ribbon border!

thank you for joining in with my blog candy, good luck
love emma xxx

Sue said...

Well, of course you had to have her, because she is so darn cute! You have colored her beautifully. Love that background paper, perfect! Your rose is so pretty too. We're so glad you shared your card with us this week at Midnight Madness. Have fun on Saturday and enjoy getting out.

Sue
MMSC March Guest

Carol Hurlock said...

Carrie, what a fun and fabulous card. I love your awesome papers and your pretty flowers. Simply adorable. Thanks for playing along at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Helen Dooley said...

she is adorable, Thanks so much for sharing with us at PCC this week.

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Carrie, she is adorable and one of my favourites too. So glad you found us, it will be lovely to see you join in again soon. Thank you for playing along this week with us at The Crafty Pad. Good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi

Don't eat too many of those cupcakes.

Faye said...

My lovely, I know what you mean about this stamp! I want her too! It is a fab card. Now I'm not going to be around for a few days to keep an eye on you, so please take care. Hugs. x
P.s. Loving the new look blog. x

Gill Smith said...

Hi Carrie, Thanks for the cupcake mention oh and the plug for Fair Trade Design lol I had a lovely day to and was so pleased that you looked so well. Enjoyed our colouring session and felt honoured to use your best copix pens, keep on getting better see you v soon Love Gillxxxx

Gill Smith said...

Ps meant to say new blog looks really goodxx