Tuesday 24 May 2011

No card..just a few wedding pics!!

Hello..

Well we had a lovely day at my sisters wedding..

It was quite strange though as (now I am gonna give you the short versions as the real story confused even my 58 year old social worker who I thought would have heard everything lol!!)... basically, my parents and their best friends wife swapped when I was about 2 (not swinging..more of an affair!!!!) so my Dad and step Mum Veronica married, and My Mum and step Dad Malc eventually married (remember Veronica and Malc were once married to each other lol!!) at 7 years old I came to live with my Dad and Veronica who had my sister Eve (not her wedding- that's in July). Mum n Malc had 2 girls Zoe (- her wedding) and Jane. Malc and Veronica have two sons Alan (In the photos) and Paul - lets just say not the nicest person and we do not speak!!

So I grew up with Eve and Paul but had nothing to do with my Mum or siblings for 24ish years. I got in touch with my Mum 3 years ago.. So I haven't really grown up knowing my sisters so it was nice that they invited me. It turned out one of my old friends is Zoe's best friend so we caught up (well after 24 years there is a lot to talk about lol!!).

Any way as I grew up with my Dad everyone says I am a mini him... but I have to say after meeting my mum I am a mini her as well lol... look...



Me and my Mum with sisters Zoe and Jane!

With Malc and Alan too (I have his wedding too in July!!

Well I hope you are not too confused lol...

See you all tomorrow with some cards xxx

7 comments:

Faye said...

Luuuurverly pics hun. xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Lol! I followed that, took some thinking about! Would have thought that would be an easy one for your Social worker, you do expect them to have seen it all!! Gorgeous pics, I'd say you do look like your Mum! Pleased to see the weather held out too xxx

Mary J said...

I think I got it Carrie!! Thx for sharing, it's so nice to know more about you! The photos are lovely - what a great sunny day you had too! You deffo look like your mum!

BTW, you might want to take a peek at the Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge blog today...

http://ladybugscraftsinkchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

ttfn! M x

Lisa Jane said...

I had to draw a chart - but have it now ( only joking Carrie..lol) .. sounds like you ahd a lovely time and some fab pics to keep
Lisa x

Tracey T said...

OMG Carrie - my hubby's family is just like yours - his Dad got together with his Mum's best friend and then his Mum married best friend's hubby! Fabulous pictures (love your top!). Tracey x

Claire said...

Blimey I'm glad I was sober when I read this, otherwise I would have lost the plot LOL. Fabby wedding pics hun. Hugs, Claire x

Fiona said...

no Carrie..I'm confused but fab photos and sounds like you a great time...and it must have been great meeting up with your family again.

Fi
x